It was another great trip out to the Elgin Christmas Tree Farm this year. When we first went to the tree farm together a few years ago we were able to take just one car, but both of our families have grown since then. The extra kiddos makes the trip all the more fun. Lucky for us, this year the weather was somewhat seasonable, so we weren't sweating in shorts and t-shirts like some years past. I managed to convince Megan this time around to get a slightly taller tree (a respectable 6-footer.) In previous years we bought shorter trees and put them on a wooden box to make them look taller. Embarrassing - I know. To Megan's credit, our tiny living room can't accommodate too large of a tree, but the 6' one looks great. Maybe next year we can shoot for 6 1/2'.
The trip this year wasn't without drama. The 3 girls all looked so cute, so we just had to get a photo of them together by the trees. Little did we know that we were sitting them down in a burr patch. The kids got all covered in sharp burrs, and let's just say Evie wasn't happy about it. To be honest, I was 50 feet away or so and I thought someone had lost a limb. Evie didn't want to sit down in the photo for good reason, but she would make a fish face.
On the hayride:
No comments:
Post a Comment